Monday, March 1, 2010

Our mini-vacay was GREAT! We got to see some friends, go to a few shows, and eat great food... which brings me to today's topic.

Food.

I am a lover of food. I love food with my whole being and I don't think I am exaggerating. Of course good chocolate is my favorite with cereal at a close second. Nothing beats chocolate and breakfast food together. Yesterday I at hot chocolate French toast topped with whipped cream (sadly it wasn't homemade) and chocolate ganache. it was heaven on earth! I almost didn't order it because I was afraid of it disappointing me, which it did not. I'm glad I took that risk!

Anyway, while out eating with friends this weekend we were discussing my 'odd' eating habits. It is not that I eat weird things, it is that I eat things a certain way. I have a particular way to eat burgers, brownies, toast, different cereals, and yes, Reese's PB Cups (there IS a wrong way to eat a Reese's in my eyes). Now some (i.e. The Husband) think that these 'rules' I have for myself is constricting, but I find it refreshing.

On the other hand, if someone sneaks a bite from my sandwich/ice cream/whatever, it throws off my whole meal. The Husband has learned how upset it makes me if he messes with this fragile balance. I am more than willing to share, but one must ASK FIRST. You would think most would know this by now, but some think it is entirely appropriate to take a bite of my brownie, which I have eaten in a certain way as to save the middle (ie the best) for my last bite. I am generally a nice person, but someone who eats the last bite of something of mine might be eating their last meal. Okay, I wouldn't kill, but I would get extremely pouty, whiny, sad, and grumpy. Don't mess with me and my love of food.

So there you have it folks. We all have things that we like a particular way, mine jsut happens to be edible.


No comments:

Post a Comment