Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Happy Hummus Day

Today during lunch I ventured to the international food store in town for some ingredients for tonight's dinner; I am making hummus! The ingredients I bought are probably the real deal ... they have arabic writing on them like this تحيني (that says Tahini, thanks Wil!) and everything was only 7 dollars!

A few friends have made it recently, and as impressionable as I am, I needed to make it too! Plus, I bought some hummus at the store a couple weeks ago and it wasn't very good. I would have regretted it if i hadn't bought it on sale and had a coupon for it! So I researched online and found 3 recipe's that sounded good; Smitten Kitchen's Recipe required you to buy dry beans and soak them for 36 hours (not happening), one was for beet hummus (I would enjoy it, but The Husband, not so much), and the other was just right. I was skimming the comments on the last recipe and one person who is Arabic posted a few suggestions to make the dish a bit more delicious. I wrote down the suggestions and altered the recipe. I am excited to make this!

So tonights meal will be hummus on bread topped with cucumbers and tomato, mixed veggies, and I might defrost some raspberries for fruit. Delicious, healthy, easy, and cheap!

I'm thinking about trying my stolen recipe for tomorrow's dinner.

Thanks for reading! Leave a comment if you want; they are fun to read and I get all excited when I see that someone left me one!

2 comments: