Tuesday, March 16, 2010

31 Days!!! But who's counting...

T-31 days until my birthday!!! Just thinking about my birthday puts me in a better mood! I guess when you think about it, 25 is a pretty monumental birthday; after all, you are a quarter of a century old! Plus (and this is a big plus), now you can rent a car! The next milestone birthday isn't until you're thirty... and even then, it's not looked upon as a happy one. However, if it's an excuse for cake and food, chances are I will want a celebration.

A lot of my friends have odd feelings towards the big 2-5. I guess it's because none of us are where we thought we would be. Many of us thought our lives would be more permanent; we would have a house, a good job, and/or possibly a family. Others thought our lives would be more exciting... but here we are, most of us working in jobs for which we are overqualified, bored and sometimes underpaid. Some of us are wondering how we got stuck in this monotony when we were supposed to be changing the world and traveling.

I think reality sets in around this time in our lives. We are realizing that it is a lot harder to change the world than we thought. It takes more than a passionate heart, it also takes organization and ingenuity. Yet it is still not impossible... just harder.

So take heart, 20-somethings everywhere! maybe our time has not come, but when it does, they will feel our velocity!




No comments:

Post a Comment