Monday, March 15, 2010

Ah, the weekend

This past weekend The Husband and I made it a priority to do nothing of significance. Of course the goal was achieved. We wrapped up odds and ends, he played a lot on his new Xbox, and i kept on at the puzzle I am putting together. Yes, we are officially lame. No, we don't really care... mostly because we had a great time doing nothing! Also, we have been on the go for the past 2 weekends so we deserved a break.

The Husband did make supper Saturday and it was delish! I am so glad to have someone who is able to share cooking duties with me! We had eggplant and spaghetti; yum! Today I am making hot ham sandwiches... and hopefully going grocery shopping later tonight. After all, I am trying my hand at an Irish inspired meal on Wednesday; corned Beef and cabbage, green mashed potatoes, and brownies with this delicious mint creme on top. I think I will make the brownies tomorrow so I am not so overwhelmed on St. Patty's day. However, the beef and cabbage will be in the crock pot, so hopefully i will only have to worry about the mashed potatoes.

On a completely different note, The Husband and I watched (500) Days of Summer last night. the movie was good, but even better than the movie itself was Zooey Deschanel's (or Summer, in the movie) wardrobe. Seriously folks, if I had all the money in the world I would own THAT wardrobe. It was so beautiful and 50's feminine, but not costume-like. I commented to The Husband on all the outfits throughout the entire movie! Sorry! :)

I am attaching a link to another blog that posted a bunch of Zooey's clothes from the movie. I would make one myself, but i'm too lazy. Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment