Wednesday, February 24, 2010

"The White Car"

The Husband and I are selling my white ford contour. It has treated me (and my family)well over the years. It started out as my Mom's car, but eventually they gave it to me when Mom upgraded to a nicer (i.e. bigger and more powerful) car. I think I've had it for at least 4 years. In those four years it has made numerous trips to Lafayette, Indianapolis, Peoria, B-N, a few trips to Chicago, and even an impromptu trip to Omaha (Sorry I didn't listen to you Mom. It was brett's fault :). With all that being said, it's pretty much a piece of junk to drive now; however, it still runs.

Let's face the facts people. Some folks just need a car to get them from a to b. They don't care it has a crack in the windshield, that the car door interior makes a rattling noise constantly, and that the right rear tire is missing a hubcap (and it has been missing for well over 3 years). Well, they might care, but all The Husband said to the potential buyers was "cosmetic flaws" or something like that. Regardless, a car is a car to some folks.

I also must admit that I know NOTHING about cars. My Dad is not a car man; he is a sportsman. I can tell you how to skin a deer, why you dress them in the fields, how to take a fish off of your pole, etc... but I cannot tell you how a car runs or what the hell a piston does. Well, one lady who is interested in this car was kind of mocking me on the phone to the Husband! In the words of Cher (from Clueless): as if! i mean, come one lady, that is just rude! the least she could do is make fun of me to her friends, but to make fun of me to my husband? That's just plain dumb. This post may be a bit hypocritical, but I am what I am.

On a side note, The Husband and I are taking a mini-vacay Thursday -Sunday, so I likely won't be posting as I will not be at my super-busy job. :)

1 comment:

  1. The white car was a good car, and hauled many of kids from point A to B. With that said, I will miss it a bit. When I got my money from Grandpa Reeser's estate, I paid it off, and told Goodfield State bank to kiss this!!!
    Goodbye old friend;(

    ReplyDelete