Friday, March 19, 2010

Irish Feast update



The Irish inspired dinner was so delish! I seriously could not believe I made it! I think i'm beginning to realize that cooking isn't as scary or hard as I thought. It does take patience and time though... and when i'm hungry I dont want to wait. maybe that is why cereal is the best food ever!

The meat was tender, the veggies were not too soft and not too crunchy, and even the cabbage tasted divine! I also made green mashed potatoes; they were good, but mashed potatoes aren't my favorite. Of course my favorite was the mint dessert brownies. I used a box for the brownies (I didn't want to chance dry brownies) and made the mint cream and chocolate toppings. Friends brought over soda bread and salad with homemade dressing. Overall I would say it was a perfect evening!

I have three regrets though:
  1. That I couldn't invite more people
  2. That I didnt have a green tablecloth; we have 2 tables pushed together
  3. That I made place-cards for everyone and labeled mine "Jayme Z (D)". I did that because while I didnt officially take The Husbands name, I wanted to put it on my place-card. However, it ended up looking like the '(D)' was there to say Im a Democrat (which is true, but still...)!
The wonderful-ness of the night greatly outweighed the regrets though, so I would label the night a great success!

I hope you all have a great weekend; I plan on doing nothing and relaxing afterwards!

1 comment: