Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Website Wednesday with a dash of snarky-ness

Last weekend the husband and I went to a great concert. The opening act was amazing and the headliner was one of the best entertainers I've seen in a long time. We had a blast, except for some folks who don't know the unwritten courtesy rules of concerts. Therefore, I give you...

The (Un)Written Rules of Concerts

1. It is only appropriate to sing loudly if everyone else is singing loudly too. While we didnt have this problem at this particular show, it has been a problem in the past. I came to the show to listen to the musician on stage, not Johnny Bravo behind me. Dont get me wrong; it is very acceptable to sing quietly to yourself, but if you cant sing quietly, dont sing at all.

2. Do not try to create a space for yourself to stand. This is also known as if-you-dont-back-off-me-I-will-elbow-the-crap-out-of-you. This was a big problem last weekend. This guy tries to squeeze in behind me and in front of someone else about 3/4 way through the concert. He was so close to me his hand kept hitting my butt and I could distinctly hear him slurring all the words to the song even though he was singing quietly to himself. I decided to remedy this by elbowing him nicely (a warning shot, if you will) and shifting my body so I was perpendicular to him so he couldnt touch my butt...it didnt work. Eventually the husband told him to back off and he moved. The husband also had a (large) man lean on his fingers for an extended amount of time. Apparently the guy didnt mind, but Tim did.

3. Don't talk all the way through the show. You would think this would be obvious, but it is not. If you paid money to go to a show, why wouldnt you want to listen to it? Comments here and there are fine, but not through the whole show. There is bound to be some murmuring during the opening act since they are usually not well-known, and i'm okay with that. That is totally different than talking through the whole show.

4. Dont text all the way through the show. I mean, really? Are we that distract-able that we cant turn our phones on silent for 2 hours? I mean, im sure your text to your BFF about her hot date last night is super important, but cant it wait? It takes away from the ambiance of the lights, music, and presentation in general if all you notice is the bright screen on the blackberry in front of you. Side Note: The husband and I were at a concert once and saw 2 guys looking at pron on a cell phone while waiting for the band to start... it was very uncomfortable.

Okay, sorry that was a snarky post. To make up for it, here is your Website Wednesday Link!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment