Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Hobbies do a body good... plus website wednesday

Sometimes I find myself getting bored with life; not that I am not like 112% happy to be living... it's just that I want things to be a bit more exciting. However, I'd like to tell you of some little things I've been doing in order to break up the day-to-day stuff:

1. Gardening - we live in an apartment, so while I cant have my own garden, I am able to help out with a community garden that my church is starting. All involved pay a small fee and water/weed the garden in exchange for fresh produce! Leftover produce is given to local shelters. Today is my first day there... so wish me luck!

2. Sewing - this hobby has been a long time coming. Since i adore vintage clothes and its very rare to find vintage clothes for big gals I knew I would eventually want to learn to sew. Also, I could make a lot of awesome presents for people with a sewing machine! This past Christmas I got a sewing machine and have finally learned to thread it, wind bobbins, and all that jazz. I'm practicing my straight lines now. Also, I have my first sewing lesson tomorrow at the local handmade store! I am so pumped! We are going to learn to use my machine and make a pillow. yay!

3. Cooking - I haven't been very good with this one lately as i've felt lazy after work... so ive been making things I am confident will taste good. Hopefully i'll get back into the swing of things soon.

4. Vintage Hair - This hobby has been lacking too; my hair is a bit long (shoulder length) for some styles, so i've mostly just been teasing the top and making it a 1960's look. It looks good, but im ready for a haircut! Oh, I've also mastered the victory roll, but they don't look good on me, so I wont wear them. The next goal is learning to pincurl my hair!

Also, since its Website Wednesday, I give you... My Parents Were Awesome. My parents are still awesome, but for those who aren't as lucky there is this website.

No comments:

Post a Comment