Thursday, April 8, 2010

Swingin Weekend!


No, not that kind of swinging, swing dancing!

This weekend the husband and I are meeting some friends down in Indy to go swing dancing! I am very excited! I've been daydreaming all week about my hair and outfit... here is what I have so far:

Hair: Faux victory rolls as taught by Lisa Freemont. This style is so easy to achieve with my haircut (called a middy) and it looks kick-ass.

Clothing: Not this is a bit more difficult to decide because most of my cute dresses don't fit very well these days. However, I am thinking that I may wear my wedding dress with a colorful cardigan. I'm hoping the cardigan will make it look less 'wedding-ish.' Seeing as it is was a casual wedding dress, I think I can pull it off. Plus, I really want to wear my awesome petticoat again! Im debating on the fully-fashioned seemed stockings. Oh, but if that doesn't work out I have a back up dress.

Shoes: Something stylish and comfortable!!

Arm Candy: Husband

The last time we went swing dancing we got our picture in the the local newspaper; it was so fun! The above picture is me in all my vintage glory on that night (40's inspired dress was bought at Banana Republic).

And now for something completely different; congrats to Rosy and her live-in for a successful move to Chicago! We are slowly and surely becoming adults. I am very excited to visit her this summer so I can see her place and have her cook me a delicious meal!

Well, I am off again to search for the perfect summer dress... wish me luck!

---------------------------------------------------------------

*Note: Myrtle, my fish, is miraculously still alive! He is mostly dead, but as we all know there is a big difference between mostly dead and all-the-way dead (for those who don't know that Princess Bride reference, shame on you!)*



3 comments:

  1. Thanks Bisters! Can't wait to cook for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so wishing to see Rosie and Joe, their new place together...curry chicken, hmmm. Have fun dancing bisters....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you wear THE wedding dress?? Pictures???


    Tara

    ReplyDelete