Thursday, February 18, 2010

Meatloaf Beatloaf...

When I got married I decided it was time to stop living off of cereal, PB&J, and instant oatmeal (strawberry flavor). I had always thought that my husband would do the cooking because he actually knows how to cook... I mostly just pour milk into a bowl. However, he got a second job so the cooking suddenly became my responsibility.

SCARY!!

As many people know, I get scared and anxious in certain situations - and friends, cooking is one of those situations. I have been cooking 3 meals a week for the past 4 months and am constantly scared that my cooking sucks or that I will accidentally kill my husband via salmonella or e-coli. I have made a few strides though; Ive successfully made chicken once, frequently use ground turkey or beef, and tonight I am trying my hand at meatloaf!

To me, meatloaf is the quintessential 'housewife's' meal. If I was half the chef my mother is I would also make mashed potatoes. I am not, though, so we will just have frozen veggies on the side. I think tonight I will wear an apron while I cook, listen to 50's music, touch up my freshly rolled hair (which looks great btw), and make myself a drink. You know, sometimes being an adult isn't too bad!

3 comments:

  1. My fave! I have a great recipe for turkey meatloaf that uses ground turkey, italian spices and bbq sauce :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Bist, You will learn how to make taters....saucy little meatloafs rock it! Lover, have you made crock pot lagsanga yet<

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so cute Jayme! Meatloaf is a good one- and chicken took me a while to master-- I had a hard time getting it cooked all the way. Keep your head up, sister, you will get better the more you do it. PS- cooking (like cleaning) becomes FUN when you do it YOUR way. I watch TV- usually SVU or NCIS-- you listen to 50s music and play with your curly hair! :) Whatever works for you!!

    XOOOXXX Your Big Sissy

    ReplyDelete