Friday, February 19, 2010

Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun

Good news everyone; my meatloaf was delish! Next time I will double it so we have leftovers though. Thanks to my sister-in-law for the great recipe! :)

I am so glad it is sunny out! I don't know about you folks, but I get seriously down when the weather sucks for long periods of time. I have noticed a change in my attitude since the sun came out again. it could be the weather, or it could be that the Doctor upped my dosage... either way, I (and i'm sure the husband) am very grateful that I am not such a Debbie Downer! Winter mostly drags me down, but there are two things about it that make up for all the hassle of snow and a bitter wind chill; Christmas and hot chocolate.

Christmas - I am a sucker for this holiday. The Christmas spirit usually hits me about November 1st. From then until New Years I am a pajama-wearin-hot-chocolate-drinkin-Christmas-song-and-movie-loving-gal-who- loves-shopping-for-just-the-the-right-gift.

Hot Chocolate - This girl can never satisfy her sweet tooth, especially when it comes to chocolate*. I LOVE going to the local coffee shop, getting a hot chocolate (mmm....whole milk) and eating a chocolate dessert while reading a good book. Life doesn't get better than that.

It's the simple things in life that matter.



*Chocolate is the absolute best when it is Fair Trade Certified. Not only does it seriously taste better, but you know the people who harvested the cocoa are not being forced into labor.



1 comment: