Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What Outfit Makes You Feel Your Best


Last week Mrs. Attempted Domestication, Ms. Apt 16, and I were discussing the new real Simple magazine. Well, more like drooling over it. I didn't have anything to offer to the conversation since I hadn't read it yet (my mom gives me her copy when shes done reading). I have since read it and agree that it was FANTASTIC! Mrs. Attempted Domestication came up with the glorious idea that all three of us blog about the editors question of What outfit makes you feel your best?

If I were 9, I would have said a sweat-suit (matching with my Granny of course).
If I were 12, I would have said baggy Nike Shorts and an over-sized t-shirt.
If I were 15 I would have said a child sized goodwill t-shirt and my holey Mudd bell- bottom pants.
If I were 18 I would have said 'anything my friends would tell me'.

Right now, at the age of 25 I would have to say the outfit I feel best in is my teal 1940's inspired dress I got at Banana Republic in 2008. The dress is perfect for me: it highlights my natural waistline, has ruched shoulders, and falls perfectly at the knee. It is also silky and oh so comfortable! I bought it on credit for my cousins wedding when I was a VISTA and making 9,000 dollars a year. I justified buying it because it was on sale (as is everything I buy at BR) and because it had been such a rough year for me I decided that I deserved to splurge once in a while. Even though it might not have been the responsible thing to do, I believe it was the right thing to do. Ive had the dress for 2 years and still feel gorgeous in it!

I have worn the dress to weddings, swing dancing, and to a housewarming party I threw for myself! When I wear this dress I am completely in my element. I put seamed stockings and small heels on , and complete the look by adding a vintage hairstyle. This is when I feel my best (however, a close second are my pajamas. When I get home from work everyday, the first thing I do is change into a comfy nightgown).

What outfit makes you feel your best?

2 comments: