Monday, August 9, 2010

My New Favorite Things: Food Edition

I always get ideas for blog posts right before I go to sleep. That usually means that I forget them, but I didn't forget this one. I'm not one to brag (okay, I am), but I am so proud of myself for remembering!

I remember 3 dreams I had last night. Two of the three were about chocolate cake and cereal. I obviously miss these things, but I do have some yummy substitutes!
  • Fresh Dates - Seriously folks, these things are delish! They are great with your morning oatmeal or just as a little snack. I would recommend getting the fresh ones though; the ones that are dried are not nearly as flavorful. On a side note, they are also full of potassium!
  • Splenda - Mrs. Attempted Domestication has raved about this sugar substitute for years, but being a sugar purist I never even tried it. Now that my triglycerides are high, however, I have given in and joined the Splenda wagon. I get the granulated variety and it tastes pretty darn close to sugar.
  • Fruit, Fruit, Fruit - I have a hard time limiting myself 3-5 servings of fruit per day, especially if it is a weekend as I eat when I am bored. My favorites are honeycrisp apples, strawberries, dates, and peaches, but I like virtually all fruits.
  • Frozen Yogurt - I get a craving for ice cream nearly every day, but once in a while ill indulge in some frozen yogurt instead. Its not as creamy as ice cream, but that also means that you don't feel as if you're about to explode if you eat a bit too much of it.
  • Natural Peanut Butter - JIF and Skippy have really yummy natural peanut butters. I know I eat too much PB, but they are so good! I should get the PB with less sugar in it, but that stuff is like a chore to eat.
Okay, so obviously I have a sweet tooth as all of the above foods are sweet... but that is where my life has changed the most in the past 7 weeks. Thanks for all your support friends!

5 comments:

  1. I think about frozen yogurt constantly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As do I...you should try it with yogurt chips on top. I'm pretty sure they are made of crack. So proud of you, Bisters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! I love you both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry you received your fathers heart health issues, and my large gut problem. You have done so well, I am so proud of your weight loss!!!!!!!!!! You rock it Bisters....however, when Dad and I come next weekend, do we have to diet too??

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHAHA Mom!! Tim and I will show you how delish it is to eat healthy!! We wont go overboard though... when we eat out we will probably not be eating salads at panera. Taco Rico here we come!

    ReplyDelete