Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Website Wednesday

I found myself laughing out loud today in my office when I was reading the website Sh*t my Dad Says. The tagline says "I'm 29. I live with my 74 year old Dad. He is Awesome. I just write down sh*t that he says."

This man is hilarious; and not in the 'dad joke' kind of way, more in the 'im-old-so-I-can-say-whatever-I-effing-want" kind of way. Therefore, do not read it if you are not okay with various vulgar curse words.

For those not into vulgar humor, I found another website I really like: EatingWell.com. Mostly I like it because it gave me a recipe for watermelon sorbet... but it has other good stuff on it too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news, on Friday I will have been eating healthy for 4 weeks! I'm mostly excited about that, but I dont think I have lost any weight since my clothes all fit exactly the same (I don't believe in scales). Granted, I am not eating healthy to lose weight; i'm doing it to lower my cholesterol and take care of physical self.... but I would have expected to lose something! It's a bit maddening really.

It might have something to do with the fact that I still have a goiter, but the Doc said that it wasn't inhibiting my thyroid functioning. Oh well. Even though I haven't lost weight I have had positive results from this lifestyle change; I don't get stomach aches anymore and I have more energy!

Speaking of energy, here is my to-do list for tonight:
  • Eat Dinner
  • Grocery Shopping
  • Water plants in community garden for at least an hour
  • Work on current sewing project
Hope all is well with you folks!


No comments:

Post a Comment