Monday, June 28, 2010

What the health?!?

Last week I found out that I have high cholesterol and even higher triglycerides. What does this mean to this particular 25 year old?

Well, for starters I have to eat healthy: no more ice cream, enriched pasta, cereal, or beef for this girl. Now it is fat free frozen yogurt, whole wheat pasta, oatmeal, and turkey or chicken. It's not that I dislike the latter foods, but it is quite a change, especially since i've never been on a diet.

I am not considering this a diet. It is a lifestyle change. I started this so-called lifestyle change Friday. I handled it pretty well over that weekend, and the husband was very helpful and supportive. However, yesterday I got cranky. I feel bad for the husband! This is going to be touch-and-go for a while, so please be patient with me while I go through sugar detox.

There are perks to this of course: The husband decided that he can't handle me being cranky about having no air conditioning and not having sweets, so we are finally getting a window unit for our living room! No more sweating while sitting down! Woo-hoo! Another perk is that I haven't had a stomach ache in 4 days! And of course, I wouldn't complain too much if I lost a few pounds through all of this.

Exercising is a while other story for a whole other day. For now the husband and I are going to be going for walks after dinner.



2 comments:

  1. My husband had high.c. but he now has it under control...You never think anything of it till it can be life threatening.Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm doing a pretty good job of sticking with the guidelines so far.

    ReplyDelete