Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Bucket List, Life Goals, and Website Wednesday!

Ive had a bucket list since I was in high school. Some things on the list have changed (I no longer have the desire to get a tattoo), some have come true (get married, go to Ireland, graduate college), and some remain the same (learn to play 'brick' by ben folds five on the piano, be happy with my job - which has also come true).

Lately I've been thinking about some things on my to-do list...
  • Getting a Masters Degree: My sister graduated with her masters this year and it really got me thinking about finishing my formal education. I've been wanting to get a Masters of Social Work for a couple years now. I am still not sure what concentration to focus on, but my current job allows me to see social workers providing a wide variety of services to the public, so hopefully I will settle on one soon.
  • Having Children: I have had baby fever lately. I blame it on my extremely cute nephew and the fact that 90 million girls I know are having babies. Seriously, 2 girls from my freshman college floor, one friend from college, my hairdresser, a good friend from high school, and my cousin are all pregnant/had their baby in the past 2 weeks. And this is not even talking about the babies some of my friends already have! I just keep reminding myself that I am not ready for such a drastic (albiet wonderful!) life change. The husband and I would like some time to ourselves before devoting our lives to our eventual little one. But that doesnt stop me from buying baby things at garage sales and sometimes TJ MAXX for my friends with babies!
So those are the topics that have been consuming me lately. Well, that and hot fudge sundaes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, todays Website Wednesday link: Jims Pancakes. This man makes the most kick ass pancakes ever. Words cannot describe how impressed I am by his creativity and ability to make art out of a breakfast food. He has made a 3D ferris wheel, bacon and eggs, giraffes, ducks, etc. I don't know how he does it, but I'm glad he does.

1 comment:

  1. I also have has baby fever....everyone and I mean everyone my age has grand babies...hell, even some of dad's family are older than me and they are still having babies...please dont wait to long, as life is short, and I would love to make memories with my own grand kids before its too late...pack your bags, momma's taking you on a guilt trip!....

    ReplyDelete