Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Birds and Hypothetical Houses

Well, Christmas has come and gone once again. I had a great time in Illinois with the fams and friends. We got to see a lot of folks over the holidays and it was great! There were some friends I didn't get to see, but we did the best we could with the time we were given. The husband and I were even able to squeeze in a trip to the local museum, which was showing original prints of the paintings John Audubon created in the 1830's. For those not married to a bird watcher, John Audubon is a pretty big deal. Obviously, the husband was in heaven. I had fun too. The prints were in amazing condition and had great detail.

And I overheard boy having a conversation with his father:

Boy: Dad, that owl has BOOBS!!
Dad: [ignores son]
Boy: [Louder] Dad, that owl had BOOBS!
Dad: [unimpressed by sons observation] No, those are his feathers. His chest is just puffed out.
Boy: oh.

I can totally see the husband having a conversation with our hypothetical children like this.

I like to speak and think about hypothetical (and hopefully eventual) situations. Currently I am enjoying pretending to own a house. I fill the kitchen with fun, expensive gadgets, big chill appliances (in red), vintage canisters, and beautiful vintage table linens. I fill the whole house with decorations from the 1040's and 1950's of course. The bedroom contains matching bed and dressers, and I have my own dressing room and a fabulous wardrobe to fill the room (it is decked out with hats galore and vintage hair advertisements). My hypothetical house also has either a wrap around porch or an enclosed deck. And most importantly, connected to the house... is a garage. A nice, clean, 2 car garage. Oh how I long for a garage!

Someday, when i'm older and hopefully not so much in debt, we will have some of these things. In the meantime I will still enjoy the small, mismatched, comfy home I share with a beautiful cat and great husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment