Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Holidays

I know its just the beginning of October, but I can't help but be excited about Christmas!! In my mind, Halloween and Thanksgiving are just precursors to a better holiday. I love the music, the atmosphere of happiness, and of course the Christmas gifts I give and receive!

This year, since I started up this new hobby of sewing I have decided to make a few of my gifts. I'm not quite sure if it will be cheaper, but it will be more fun and definitely more special to the gift-getter. I have most peoples presents figured out already, but others are more tricky to buy/make things for... but the good thing about starting shopping early is that I have plenty of time to figure something out.

This year also brings a new challenge - the ever dreaded budget. Working on a budget is not something I like doing, but I am getting better at it and it forces me to be creative, which is fun! The husband and I are also considering going somewhere or doing something special for Christmas instead of presents for each other... which is exciting!

Technically it is not the time for busting out the greenery and holly, but it is coming... I can feel it!

2 comments:

  1. i'm with you! while i really like fall, it's nothing compared to my excitement for christmas! my sister made gifts for everyone last year. in the end though, i don't think she saved much... but we did appreciate them a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love homemade gifts; they are the best! And you are super effing crafty :)

    ReplyDelete